Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: Pandemonium By Lauren Oliver



Rating: 5/5
Review: WOW I don’t even know where to start. This book was…perfect. It was just perfect. I don’t think I’ve read a book that has made me feel so much since like, The Hunger Games. Lauren Oliver is a fantastic writer. She makes her words come to life and is magnificent at painting pictures in your head and making you feel exactly what the main character Lena feels. And not only her, but what the other character’s must be feeling also. 
Pandemonium is the sequel to Delirium. Delirium is a dystopia where the government has tried to create a perfect society where love does not exist. Love or as they call it “amor deliria nervosa” is a disease. At about 18 years old you get an operation that will rid you of it. But not only of love but of mostly any feeling. You won’t be able to love or hate or feel any kind of passion. The whole concept is very weird and before you read the book you may think it’ll be very cheesy but it isn’t. Lauren Oliver writes in such a way that it’ll make sense. 
I read Delirium a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it, I feared that it’ll be almost the same as “Matched” which I really didn’t enjoy but no it wasn’t. Delerium was really good and set up the world nicely. And the end was a complete cliffhanger so I HAD to read Pandemoium. 
And WOW Pandemonium did not disappoint, it exceeded my expectations. This book was different then Delirium, it had so much more action in it. Right from the beginning the book started with the same momentum that Delirium left off in and it flew from there. The characters were completely amazing. Not once did the book start getting slow. The end of every chapter left me thinking “wow”. 
SPOILERS
Some new character’s like Raven and Tack where great together. Lena’s mom is still so intriguing. And even though Alex was missing in this book I felt Lena’s feeling for him more than ever. But wow, Julian!! Let’s just talk about Julian, when I heard that this book was going to have a different love interest for Lena, I couldn’t see how that would work, but it did! Julian is adorable! And by the end of this book I was cheering them on so much. Till, the last thing that happened…at the end..
MAJOR SPOILERS (DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE BOOK)
okay in the end when it seems like everything is perfect and it feels like the calm after the storm. And you read this:
“Promise me we’ll stay together,okay?” “You and me”
“I promise”
(and then Alex out of NOWHERE!) “Don’t believe her.”
whaaaaaaaat!? What is Lauren Oliver doing to me! I need the 3rd book now!! Lauren is a genius. And this book was fantastic! Definitely one of my new favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment